Field Technician – Gas Leak Survey
Gas Recon Inc.
Gas Recon Inc., a subsidiary of LiDAR Services International Inc., currently has a requirement for Seasonal Field Technicians.
Gas Recon is a leading provider of natural gas leak detection and emissions monitoring services for pipeline and facilities emissions management. We currently have exciting employment opportunities and we hope you have the right skill set to become part of our growing enterprise!
Gas Recon field techs play a key role in providing safe and efficient services on behalf of pipeline owners / operators across Western Canada.
The position involves the following duties:
· Operating line locating, leak detection and GPS/GIS equipment in the outdoors.
· Walking 10 to 20 km per day in a variety of locations/conditions and in varying weather conditions. Individuals must be healthy and reasonably fit.
· Overnight stays on location dependent on client project locations.
· Training is provided along with travel subsistence and accommodations.
· The position requires a clean Class 5 driver’s license and a valid First Aid certificate. First Aid training or certificate refresher will be available.
Gas Recon offers a competitive wage package. Base-level salary is $18 per hour and higher, dependent on prior experience. The work week while on a project is generally 6 days (Monday - Saturday), 10 hours per day. Overtime is paid for hours over 40 per week.
There may be opportunity to advance into a Lead Technician position within a crew.
Experience is not essential; however, preference will be given to those with prior line locating experience, a background in GPS/GIS applications and/or those who love working & playing in the outdoors having demonstrated a solid work ethic.
If interested please submit your resume with a cover letter, via Indeed, for the attention of Mitch McLeod. Gas Recon would like to thank those who apply, however only the individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Temporary, Contract
Salary: Base starting at $18/hour
· High school or equivalent (base level)
· Technical institute certification or current enrollment (preferred)
· Drivers License (Class 5)
· Standard First Aid / CPR C (Certificate)